Create a tag definition
Create a parent tag
To create a new parent tag definition, use either the Add Tag icon on the Tags view taskbar, or the Add Tag button at the bottom of the tags tree:
- Click either to open the Add Tag pop-up window:
- Type the name of the tag in the Tag title field.
- Select/unselect the checkboxes to turn the 3 possible tagging behaviors on/off (all behaviors are selected by default for new tags).
- To add an alternate tag to the definition, enter it in the Other alternates field and click + to save. Repeat for any additional alternates you want to add. All the alternates you add should appear as a list:
(Click the ‘x’ to the right of an alternate if you decide remove it before saving.)
- Click the Add Tag button to save the new definition.
Create a child tag
To create a new child tag to another tag:
- Hover over the tag and click the Add Child icon:
The Add Tag pop-up will appear, but the tag definition created with it with it will be saved as a child tag to the original tag. For example, say you click the Add Child icon of the ‘Property Type’ tag and fill out the Add Tag pop-up like this:
This will define the ‘Detached’ tag, with ‘Single family’ and ‘Two-family’ as its alternates, as a child to the ‘Property Type' tag:
- Click the Add Tag button to save the new child tag.