Set up a Procore integration
Follow these steps to set up a two-way integration between a project in Procore and a project in Smartvid.io.
This integration is bi-directional, meaning photos or videos added to a project in either app will automatically flow to the other. (Content will not be duplicated -- e.g., content imported from Procore won't then re-sync back to Procore)
Once your integration is configured and projects are connected, the following will happen:
- Photos in your Smartvid.io project will be added to the photos area of the connected Procore project. Videos in your Smartvid.io project will create snapshots (i.e. images of video frames) for each tag found in your video, and these images will be added to the photos area of the connected Procore project.
- Photos in your Procore project will be added to the Files view of the connected Smartvid.io project, tagged with the title of the source Procore album.
- Tags applied to a photo or snapshot in Smartvid.io will be added to the caption of its corresponding synced Procore photo.
- Photos or videos deleted in either Smartvid.io or Procore will not be deleted in the other.
Go to the project's Integrations view and click the Procore thumbnail:
You'll be taken to the Procore integration page, shown here:
- Under Procore Connection, click the Connect button to open the Procore login pop-up:
Enter your credentials and click Log In to give Smartvid.io permission to access your Procore account. If your browser is already logged into Procore, you will instead get an Authorization pop-up; click Allow to grant access.
If you've forgotten your password, click the Forgot your password? link to send a reset link to your Procore account address.
- Under Integration Configuration, click the Select Procore Company field. Select the Procore company containing the project you want to integrate with.
- Click the Select Procore Project field and select the Procore project to connect to. Note: If you've already logged into Procore from this project but have since created a new project in Procore, click the Refresh Project Data button to sync the new Procore changes.
- From the File <-> Album handling drop-down menu, choose how you would like your Smartvid.io project content delivered to Procore:
- Upload all files to one specified album - if you select this, change the Album Name field to whatever you want)
- Upload all files to an existing Procore album - if you select this, a menu of existing album will appear to choose from)
- Upload files to weekly Procore albums - if you select this, you can use the Weekly Album Prefix field to enter an automatic prefix for sync album title. As the titles are by default the date of sync, i.e. 01-15-2017, we suggest leaving “Week of” as is.
- Under Integration Status, choose the Enabled radio button. Your integration should now be set up. (You will have to refresh the project screen for the newly synced Procore files to appear. )
If you later want to sync with a different project, you'll have to disable the connection by selecting the Disable radio button before you can make any changes. If you create or join new Procore albums or projects after setting up the integration, come back and click the Refresh Project Data button above to "pull" changes from your Procore account. Once you've made changes, enable the integration again.
Integration Status shows the last date project content was successfully sync with Procore. Content will automatically sync once a week, starting from the date the integration is set up. If you’d like to sync sooner than the next scheduled sync, which will take place one week from the "Last Synchronized" date shown, click the Sync Now button.
If you're having trouble connecting or syncing to Procore, please contact support.