Manage organization users
Users that have owner or admin privileges in an organization can use its Users page to manage other users.
Click on an organization’s name in the left navigation panel of the Admin landing screen to expand links to its Users, Profile and Settings pages. An example Users page is shown here:
All users in the organization are shown as user thumbnails, each displaying first and last name and current role.
Adding a new user
- Click either the + Add User icon in the top taskbar or the Add User thumbnail (at the bottom of all user thumbnails). This opens the Add User pop-up window, shown here:
- Enter the user’s email address and use the radio buttons to assign them one of three org user roles.
- Click the Add User button to save. An invitation email with a link to join Smartvid.io will be sent to the address you entered. The user's thumbnail will show their email address and say “Invited” until they register with a first and last name.
Re-invite a new user
- Hover over the user's thumbnail to display a vertical ellipsis in its bottom right corner. Click the ellipses to expand links to Edit, Remove, and Reinvite the user:
- To resend an invitation to the same email address, click Reinvite.
- To resend an invitation to a different address, follow the Editing user profiles section below to save a new emaill. Then, return to the thumbnail and click Reinvite.
- To cancel a new user’s invitation and remove their place in the organization, delete them by following the Deleting users section below.
Editing user profiles
- Click a user’s thumbnail to go their User Details page. A sample page is shown here:
- Type in the Name fields to change registered first and last name.
- Type in the Email field to change the user's address.
- Use the radio buttons to select one of the three possible organization roles.
- Be sure to click the Update User button to save your changes.
To delete a single user:
- Hover over the user’s thumbnail to display a vertical ellipsis in its bottom right corner. Click the ellipsis to expand links to Edit and Remove:
- Click Remove. You will receive this pop-up warning:
- Click the Delete button to permanently delete the user.
To delete one or more users at once (i.e. bulk delete):
- Select users using the white checkboxes in the upper right corner of each user thumbnail. An orange border and checkmark should appear to confirm selection:
- In the top taskbar, click on the Tasks icon (cog) to expand a link to Delete:
- Click Delete. You will receive the following pop-up warning:
- Click the Delete button to permanently delete the user(s) from the organization.