Working with projects
Projects are where you and your team work with pictures and videos. The projects homepage shows you all the projects you currently belong to, including your sample project, which is pre-loaded with examples of data & tags to help you explore some different use cases of Smartvid.io. The homepage is the first thing you see when you log in.
To open a project, click its thumbnail or click on its name in the left sidebar. You'll see links to its 6 project views appear:
Read these tutorials to learn more about how to use a project and work with project files:
- The Files view - upload, search, download & share project files.
- The Tags view - manage the project's tag dictionary
- The Profile view - change a project’s name & settings
- The Members VIew - manage project members
- The Integrations view - manage integrations with other platforms
- The Deleted view - recover or permanently delete files
If you belong to lots of projects , you can favorite your most important ones to pin them to the top of the homepage and make them easier to find.
- Hover your mouse over a project's name in the left sidebar to see this star icon:
Click the star to pin the project to the top of the sidebar. Favorited projects also move to the top of the thumbnail list:
To un-favorite a project later, just hover and click on the star again.
View project properties
- Click the info icon in the taskbar to expand the Info panel onto the screen:
- Use thumbnail checkboxes to select one or more projects:
- The Info panel will show the following information about selected project(s) (use the icons circled below to switch between the different tabs):
QuickTip: To view a single project in the Info panel, hover over its thumbnail and click on the dots that appear in the bottom right:
Create a new project
- Click the + taskbar icon to open this pop-up:
- Under Choose Project Organization, click to choose the project's home organization.
- Type a name in the New project's name field.
- Click the Add Project button to create the project. You'll be taken directly to its new Files view.
Delete a project
Deleting a project erases all of its information and files from the Smartvid.io universe. (A project can only be deleted by members with a high enough permission role.)
There are 2 ways to delete projects:
- To delete a single project, hover over a project's thumbnail and click the ellipsis that appears in the bottom right corner, then click Delete:
- To delete one or more projects at a time, use thumbnail checkboxes to select the project(s). Then, click the tasks toolbar icon and click Delete: