The media reviewer
The media reviewer
Clicking on a file's from a project's Files view opens it in the media reviewer. The reviewer screen is slightly different for pictures & videos. For pictures, you can use these zoom icons to zoom in or out:
QuickTip: Click anywhere on a picture once to zoom in to where you clicked. If your mouse has a wheel, you can also scroll the wheel to zoom in (scroll up) or out (scroll down).
In the video reviewer, the zoom icons are replaced by the video timeline, where you can play/pause a video and skip between frames:
The Tags panel
The Tags panel shows you all the tags currently on a file:
For videos (speech tags), click on a tag to jump to the part in the video where it's said.
Use the SmartFilter at the top of the panel to view more lower-confidence tags found in the video by moving to medium or low confidence. The numbers above each level show you how many tags will be in each; for example, in this case moving to medium confidence will show you 4 tags (or 1 more medium-confidence tags on top of the 3 high-confidence tags you see now). Next, you can move from medium to low to see 3 additional low-confidence tags.
Add a tag
- To add a manual tag, press Add Tag
- In the popup open, start typing the tag's name in the Tag Title field. As you type, matches to existing tags will appear suggested below
- Click on a suggested tag to add it.
- If you're adding a new tag, type it in full and optionally choose a parent tag to place it in the tag tree (by default it will be placed at the top of the tag tree)
- If you're tagging a video file, add Start and End times, e.g. 00:12 for 12 seconds into the video:
Note: If you add the tag while the video is paused on a frame, that frame automatically saves as the Start time.
- Add markup to a tag to point to, circle or otherwise emphasize something in the picture or video.
For a picture tag, click on the tag and zoom in or out to the point you want to mark up. For a video tag, click on the tag and pause on the frame you want to mark up. Click the markup icon at the top of the Tags panel and choose one of the 5 markup shapes:Click on a shape to add it to the picture or video frame:
You can move the markup shape anywhere on the picture or frame by clicking it and dragging your mouse. Use the rotate icon to rotate the markup:
Delete a tag
- Click this icon and drag your mouse to make the markup bigger or smaller:
- To delete an image or speech tag, hover over it and click the ellipses, then click Reject:
- To delete a manual tag, hover over it and the click ellipses, then click Delete:
View a tag
- For tags generated for the construction objects it recognized in the photo (as well as manual tags with markup) the system will display boxes around the objects.
- Clicking on the individual tag will zoom in and focus on the object tagged.Note: The ability to click on the tag and "navigate" to the part of the photo the tag refers to is particularly useful for 360 photos where the object of interest may not be visible in the portion of the photo displayed.
The Comments panel
Use the Comments panel to add comments to a file and see comments others have added.
Add a comment
- Click on the New Comment field (if you're commenting on a video file, first pause on the frame you want to add the comment to) and type your comment:
- To add markup to your comment, click the pencil icon above the comment box and follow the same steps as adding markup to a tag:
Click + to save your comment:
Edit a comment
Hover your mouse over a comment to reveal the edit (pencil) icon:
Click the icon to edit the comment's text or, for video comments, timestamp:
Delete a comment
Hover over a comment and click on these three dots, then click the expanded link to Delete:
Download pictures & snapshots
You can download picture files or .jpgs of tagged video frames, called snapshots, from the media reviewer.
Quick Tip: You can't download a whole video file from the reviewer screen. If you need to download a video, use the Files view.
To download a picture from the media reviewer, click the download taskbar icon:
The picture will save to your computer's 'Downloads' folder as a .jpeg file.
To download a snapshot from a video, go to the frame you want to download (if the frame is tagged, click on the tag in the Tags panel to skip to it) then click the download taskbar icon.
The frame will save to your computer’s ‘Downloads’ folder as a .jpeg file, named after the original vide and the timestamp of the frame. For example, a snapshot downloaded from the 39-second mark of file Jobsite crane video.mp4 will be saved as Jobsite_crane_video-00.00.39.000.jpg
Sharing a file, tag or comment
There are three different ways to share a file with someone from the media reviewer: you can share the file, share a specific tag, or share a specific comment. All 3 options will send an share email to the recipient(s) you share with showing a thumbnail of the file and its tags & comments, but sharing a specific tag or comment will emphasize it by putting it at the top of the share email. Moreover, if you share a video tag, the recipient will only receive the tagged part of the video - or video snippet. (You should only share a video tag if you want to do this.)
- To share a file, click the Share icon in the taskbar:
- To share the file via a specific tag, hover over over the tag in the panel and click the ellipses, then click the expanded Share link:
- To share the file via a specific comment, hover over over the comment click this ellipses, then click the expanded Share link:
For any of the three options above, use the circle buttons to choose one of two possible ways to share:
Sending an email with a link:
- Type an email address to share with. As you type, matches to emails of registered users will be auto-suggested; click on one to select it, then click + to the right to save. If you enter a new email (not registered with Smartvid.io), choose Can View or Can Edit then click + save (they'll receive an invite to join). Repeat for any additional people/
- Type an optional message to include with the link.
- Click Send.
Create a sharable link (copy a URL to view the file, then paste it wherever you want to share)
- Under Share With, choose if the link should be (a) only visible to project members, (b) visible to anyone in the project organization, (c) public (if your company has turned on public links).
- Under Permissions, choose choose to share with Can View or Can Edit permission. (Can Edit will give people with the link permission to add tags and comments.)
- Click the Copy Link button.
- Paste the link where you want to share it (paste is Ctrl + V on Windows machines or Command ⌘ + V on Macs).
- Click Done to close the pop-up.
Scroll through files
Use the carousel arrows on the taskbar to move back and forth between files without leaving the reviewer:
To play files in full-screen slideshow mode, icon:
This will play a full-screen slideshow of files in the order they appear, with a 5-second delay between each. To exit slideshow mode and go back to the main reviewer, click the slideshow icon again or click the back arrow in the upper left corner of the screen: